Environmental Statement Check Sheet
e-Mark is the quality symbol that recognises environmentally sound products and services awarded from our New Zealand based non-proﬁt organisation to companies that develop a commercially sustainable standard for products and services that are high quality and with minimum impact on the environment and our community.
e-Mark takes environmental responsibility very seriously, all e-Mark branded products and services have conformed to the highest standards. They use proven manufacturing techniques, have sound environmental practices and most importantly ensure that the user is informed on the correct use, clean up, storage and disposal of products.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To improve the quality of the environment by encouraging more sustainable products through design, production, marketing, and use of products which have a reduced environmental impact during their entire life cycle.
- To create compliance and principles with relevant eco-labelling programmes.
- Provide a clear, credible and independent guide to help eco friendly businesses identify products and services that are less harmful to the environment.
- Encourage manufacturers, suppliers and retailers to develop products and processes that are in compliance with e-Mark green product speciﬁcations;
- Promote responsible procurement policies by organisations and business;
- The company or manufacturer must endorse the basic principals and want to make a difference with their products and make a positive impact on the environment. e-Mark suits companies that are constantly working towards a sustainable environment from the ground up, seeking a total, environmental approach for the services they offer, products they manufacture, deliver, maintain and warranty.
The e-Mark symbol is a sign of environmentally responsible products and services. To become an e-Mark branded product or service the set criteria must be achieved.
e-Mark Products should be;
- made in New Zealand for local conditions using products, ingredients or solutions sourced locally.
- a commercially sustainable range of products that are high quality with minimum impact on the environment.
- using reduced or recyclable packaging.
- supplied with information sheets for services / products aimed at ensuring the correct handling, application and cleanup and therefore minimum impact on the environment by the end user.
e-Mark companies should be;
- actively reducing their carbon foot print
- recycling, reusing and reducing
- disposing of waste in an environmentally responsible way
- actively researching and developing better ways to create items, products or services that lesson its environmental impact
- energy conscience in all areas of business
Your Environmental Policy should be;
- should be developed, implemented and fully documented
- addressing environment impact at the manufacturing, packaging, application and clean up stages
- be part of your everyday plan, not an exercise to achieve environmental accreditation.